- Plan build & environment
- 2015 Health and Wellbeing Expo
- 2015 Australia Day Awards
- Active Healthy Lockyer
- Animal control
- Community directory
- Child care
- Community housing
- Emergencies and natural disasters
- Environmental health
- Regional arts development fund
- Sale Yards
- Community halls & centres
- Volunteering opportunities
- Waste Management
- Youth Council
- Community Grants
- Graffiti Management
- Citizenship Ceremonies
- Visit Lockyer
Find a business Find a community group
After hours & emergencies
1300 005 872
LAIDLEY Australia Day II Street Party
Date: Saturday, 23rd February 2013
About the event
Head to Laidley Australia Day II Street Party on Saturday 23 February and celebrate Laidley being once again ‘Open for Business’.
The main street of Laidley will be closed and from 9am -2pm will be filled with music, entertainment, kids’ activities, markets, roving entertainment and more. Some special guests include Morgan Evans and Peter McWhirter, country music artists, Travis Sinclair and more surprises on the day.
There will a circus trapeze, car display, jumping castle, outdoor dining, Lucky Wheel with half hourly spins and some great prizes plus a major draw at 2pm. All you need to do to enter is spend $10 in any store on Patrick Street, Laidley.
So let's get behind the businesses of Laidley and support this great event.
• Local performers showcase
• Lambathon BBQ Cook Off - 11am (featuring an appearance by Sam Kekovich)
• Peter McWhirter & Morgan Evans
• Sista Burley
• Rock n Roll Dance-a-thon
• Classic Creedance Tribute Show
• Kids Zone with jumping castle, face painting and more
• Markets, car displays and lots to do
• Meet Lisa Curry at 1pm
• Ripcord Sky Diving demonstration at 11.25am
• Tourism information booth
Spend $10 at a Laidley business & you could WIN:
• Half hourly giveaways on the Lucky Wheel
• A weekend package to the Sunshine Coast valued at over $1000 – including two nights accommodation in a 2 bedroom apartment at Caloundra courtesy of Oaks Hotels & Resorts
• Two double passes to Cavalia
PARKING & ROAD CLOSURES
Please note there will be road closures in place due to this event, please allow plenty of time to travel to the area. Please also note that this event is on the same day as the Lights on the Hill Convoy which sees a convoy of trucks travel from both Toowoomba and Brisbane to Gatton.
We recommend that you leave Brisbane or Toowoomba early to avoid delays and take advantage of the full day of entertainment in Laidley.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing you there!
Click here for a map of where you can park
Click here for details of the road closures that will be in place from 7am-3pm on the day.
Click here to visit the Lights on the Hill website for more details
Proudly supported by:
Location: Patrick Street, Laidley Contact: Colleen Daniel Phone: 1300 005872