- Form 1 - Application Details
- Form 2 - Building Work Requiring Assessment Against the Building Act 1975
- Form 19 - Request for Building Information
- All these forms are available at this website: Dept of Local Govt and Planning (Scroll down on page to dot point - Building Forms)
- Building Services Fees and Charges 2014-2015:
- The Home Owner Building Guide
Are you going to build a:
- retaining wall
- extension to a dwelling
- commercial building or
- industrial project then . . .
you may require a building approval (development permit).
Go to building applications
Contact us on 07 5462 0344 between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays for more information.
Arrange an inspection
Inspections for approved building work can be arranged during the above hours with 48 hours notice
Phone: 07 5462 0344
Fax: 07 5462 3269
Some minor buildings are exempt from a building application although they must still comply with the relevant building & planning codes and regulations.
Sheds (Class 10 buildings) are exempt from a building application if it is:-
- No more than 10m2 and
- No more than 2.4m high and
- Has a mean height of no more than 2.1m above natural ground level and
- No longer than 5m on any side and
- Located to comply with the QDC MP1.1 or MP1.2 setbacks
- Not located over or near a sewer main or manhole