Flood Restoration Works Completed or Underway
Last updated 25 July 2014
2011 Flood Restoration Works
It is with great pleasure that I advise Lockyer Valley Regional Council contractors and day labour crews recently completed work on the following Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangement (NDRRA) projects from the 2011 flood event:
Construction of a new bridge and road realignment on Rockmount Road, west of Gatton.
- Replacement of the floodway on Jones Road in Withcott.
- Slip restoration work on a section of Flagstone Creek Road, between the intersection of Upper Flagstone Creek Road and the intersection of Blanchview Road.
- Replacement of the Buaraba Street culvert outlet to Lockyer Creek in Gatton.
- Replacement of the floodway at Railway Street in Grantham.
- Replacement of the floodway on Sandy Creek Road, Grantham.
2013 Flood Restoration Works
- Work is progressing on Thistlethwaite Bridge on Grantham Winwill Road, Grantham and it is anticipated this project will be completed by September 2014.
- Design of the new Clarke Bridge on Thornton School Road is underway with construction anticipated to begin mid-July 2014.
- Pavement and floodway designs on Lefthand Branch Road, Black Duck Creek Road and East Haldon Road are underway.
- A number of floodways around the region including the Betterment floodway on Woodlands Road, Glen Cairn are currently being designed.
These are all major NDRRA community projects that will go a long way to restoring the Lockyer Valley’s infrastructure, post-flood.
Should you require any additional information regarding flood restoration work in the region, please Contact Us