Flood Restoration Works Completed or Underway
Last updated 25 July 2014
2011 Flood Restoration Works
Lockyer Valley Regional Council contractors and day labour crews recently completed work on the following Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangement (NDRRA) projects from the 2011 flood event:
- Construction of a new bridge and road realignment on Rockmount Road, west of Gatton.
- Replacement of the floodway on Jones Road in Withcott.
- Slip restoration work on a section of Flagstone Creek Road, between the intersection of Upper Flagstone Creek Road and the intersection of Blanchview Road.
- Replacement of the Buaraba Street culvert outlet to Lockyer Creek in Gatton.
- Replacement of the floodway at Railway Street in Grantham.
- Replacement of the floodway on Sandy Creek Road, Grantham.
2013 Flood Restoration Works
- Work is progressing on Thistlethwaite Bridge on Grantham Winwill Road, Grantham and it is anticipated this project will be completed by September 2014.
- Design of the new Clarke Bridge on Thornton School Road is underway with construction anticipated to begin mid-July 2014.
- Pavement and floodway designs on Lefthand Branch Road, Black Duck Creek Road and East Haldon Road are underway.
- A number of floodways around the region including the Betterment floodway on Woodlands Road, Glen Cairn are currently being designed.
These are all major Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangementsand (NDRRA) community projects that will go a long way to restoring Lockyer Valley’s infrastructure, post-flood.
Should you require any additional information regarding flood restoration work in the region, please Contact Us