Find a business Find a community group

General Questions
After hours & emergencies
1300 005 872

Lockyer Live Chat - Available during business hours 8.30am - 4.45pm

Video Request form and Video Conferencing website

Trees and Vegetation

Things you need

Tree planting

If you want to plant trees or shrubs on a road reserve or footpath area you will need to lodge an Application to Undertake Works on a Road Reserve.

Trees or shrubs that you can plant are available in the Energex Planting Guide

Things you need to check before planting

  • Closeness to sewers and house drains
  • Interference with power lines
  • Other underground services
  • Vehicle visibility
  • Pedestrian access
  • Public safety

Don't plant the following trees

  • Large gum trees
  • Figs and rubber plants
  • Willows
  • Mango
  • Poinciana
  • Coral trees
  • West African tulip trees
  • Umbrella trees and
  • Camphor laurels

You can report trees that are growing into power lines by contactingEnergex

Tree removal

Any problem with trees on private property needs to be taken up with the property owner.

If you want to remove an unwanted or dangerous tree from a road reserve footpath area you may need approval.

To find out if approval is needed contact us.