Lockyer Valley Regional Council provides a limited number of unpaid work experience opportunities for students currently studying at school, TAFE or university and forms part of their course requirements.
This program allows students to a gain on-the-job experience and aids them in making an informed decision for their chosen career path.
To ensure the student gains effective on-the-job experience during their time with Council, the acceptance of the request will depend on the resources available within the relevant team during the time of requested placement.
All requests must contain the following information:
- Your contact details including your address and contact telephone number (during business hours);
- The type of work experience you are looking for;
- Start and finish dates for the work experience period;
- The name of your school/TAFE/university and a contact name and telephone number at the establishment (if appropriate);
- Proof of public liability coverage (work experience agreement); and
- Your resume if applicable (this may support your application).
Council will endeavour to respond to your work experience request at the earliest time possible. Please ensure you allow a four week lead time when requesting placement.
Please submit work experience requests via email to our People and Culture team at email@example.com. This team can also be contacted for phone enquiries on (07) 5466 3555.