Flexible Work Arrangements
Depending on the requirements of the position, Lockyer Valley Regional Council offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, including:
- Full time, part time, maximum term and casual positions;
- Nine day fortnight for office based employees; and
- Four day week for field based employees working from 6:30am to 4:30pm.
While the Lockyer Valley Regional Council is extremely competitive when it comes to remuneration, we further reward our employees with:
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contributions;
- The ability to salary sacrifice superannuation contributions;
- Salary packaging (i.e. Novated leases for vehicles); and
- Payment of applicable allowances (i.e. on call allowance).
There is a variety of leave entitlements available to employees, including:
- Annual leave;
- Personal/Carer’s leave;
- Long service leave;
- Public holidays;
- Bereavement leave;
- Leave without pay;
- Maternity/Paternity leave;
- Jury duty leave; and
- Volunteer emergency service leave.
In addition to the above, long serving employees are also formally recognised at special functions for their loyalty and commitment to Council and the community.
Learning & Development
To enable employees to operate at their optimum performance level and to meet business objectives, a proactive approach is taken to prioritise the development of a skilled and engaged workforce by providing employees with opportunities to engage in training, education and career/professional development opportunities including:
- On the Job Training – specialised technical skills, self-development and nationally recognised qualifications;
- Ongoing development and improvement of career related programs/initiatives;
- External Training, Conferences and Seminars;
- Education and Training Assistance;Work Experience Programs for people undertaking studies at Schools, TAFE or University; and
- Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Cadetships.
In addition to the already listed employee benefits, Lockyer Valley Regional Council also provides:
- An employee assistance program for both employees and their immediate family;
- The provision of corporate uniforms;
- Vaccinations depending on position requirements; and
- One competitively costed and Council owned and operated Childcare Centre.
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
Lockyer Valley Regional Council takes the health and wellbeing of employees seriously, and has an established Wellbeing Committee, who organises a variety of health and wellbeing initiatives throughout the year. These initiatives include:
- Fitness Initiatives;
- Workstation Assessments on request;
- BUPA Onsite Consultations;
- Flu Vaccination Program; and
- Mental Health Awareness Initiatives.
In addition to the above, the Wellbeing Committee also undertake fundraising initiatives within the workforce for a variety of events.