Grants and Assistance
Council Catch Up series
This series offers non-recurrent supplementary funding to community organisations that host Council officers and its partners to:
- help residents and visitors gather to access health and wellbeing information and services in aid of their disaster recovery;
- provide information relevant to the 2022-2023 or 2023-2024 disaster seasons to increase awareness of risks association with natural disasters; and
- highlight information and tools that increase awareness of our shared responsibility around natural disasters.
Visit Council's flood recovery support website for further information, including application details.
Regular Council initiatives
Council provides the community with assistance in the form of grants, donations, fee waivers and in-kind assistance programs. These programs are reviewed annually and provided for in the budget.
Funding and assistance is made available by Council to build community capacity and/or provide supplementary funding to assist with social, cultural, recreational and environmental outcomes. These outcomes in turn contribute to the development of inclusive and sustainable practices of community groups throughout the Lockyer Valley.
There are 12 categories under which funding and assistance can be sorted. These categories have been established to ensure organisations and individuals are seeking funding from the category appropriate to their project or activity. This allows Council to provide funding and assistance to projects within budget constraints and ensures that the appropriate process is being followed.
The following categories of funding and assistance are available:
- Ambassador Support and School Dux Bursary
- Anzac Day Remembrance
- Community Environment Grant
- Community Grants Program
- Community Sporting Complex
- Event Assistance
- Minor Grants
- Public Halls Assistance
- Rate Rebates and Remissions
- Regional Significant Events
- School Chaplaincies
- Waivers/Reduction of Fees