Tender Information and Submission
All documentation for Tenders, Request for Quotes or Expressions of Interest are available from:
To ensure accuracy and efficiency, please have the reference number with your request.
All submissions for Tenders, Request for Quotes or Expressions of Interest should be submitted via:
as detailed within the documentation.
List of Open Tenders
Access public tenders here.
Expressions of Interest Open for Combined Waste Resource Recovery
Lockyer Valley Regional Council has partnered with four other South-East Queensland councils to seek feasible and progressive services for waste management and resource recovery.
Logan City Council, Ipswich City Council, Redland City Council, Lockyer Valley Regional Council and Somerset Regional Council are inviting expressions of interest (EOI Invitation) for feasible and progressive resource recovery and waste disposal services.
The councils have collaborated to offer aggregated waste volumes to industry and technology proponents in an effort to stimulate resource recovery opportunities across the waste supply chain and maximise diversion of waste from landfill.
Proposals can focus on one or more of the available waste streams offered by any one or more of the five participating councils.
The waste materials offered under this EOI Invitation are broadly categorised into the following streams:
- Residual Waste: Waste that has not been specifically collected, received or sorted for reuse, recycling or beneficial reuse, or is generated as a result of some form of pre-treatment or resource recovery process
- Recyclable Waste: Items and materials for recycling or other form of beneficial reuse
- Organic Waste: Garden and/or food waste for the purposes of beneficial reuse
- Regulated Waste: Waste as defined in Schedule 7 of the Environmental Protection Regulation 2008 (Qld) of primarily domestic origin
- Problematic Waste: Items that are currently not sorted or recovered but would be desirable to divert away from landfill for the purposes of beneficial reuse
The key objectives of this EOI Invitation are to procure resource recovery and/or waste disposal services that:
- are affordable, reliable and adaptable in providing long-term security to respond to potential changes in waste volumes and composition
- minimise waste disposal to landfill and maximise the recovery of resources for beneficial reuse and/or recycling
- encourage and enable economic development and circular economy in the sub-region giving consideration to the availability and maturity-of-end markets
- deliver environmental and sustainability benefits for the Councils' communities.
Examples of services that may be offered include:
- complimenting existing waste materials collection systems
- single or multi-material sorting and separation processes
- beneficial reuse/upcycling of waste materials
- recycling waste materials – remanufacture and refurbishment of materials into new products/ outputs such as compost and recycled content construction materials
- recovery of waste materials – alternative waste technologies such as energy from waste (EfW) and anaerobic digesters
- landfill disposal
The examples above are simply some examples of services that may be offered. This is not in any way intended to be a prescriptive list nor a limit to the types of services that can be offered.
An Industry Briefing session is being held at 9am, Thursday, June 20, 2019. Council site visits will follow the Industry Briefing session and continue from 9am Friday, June 21 2019.
Details can be found in the Expression of Interest documentation via LG Tender Box at lgtenderbox.com.au
Expressions of Interest close at 2pm, Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
For further information or to lodge an expression of interest, see the LG Tender box advertisement issued by Logan City Council on behalf of the Sub-Regional Alliance at lgtenderbox.com.au
For self-registration to the Preferred Supplier List
VendorPanel for the Marketing, Engagement, Events and Tourism Preferred Supplier List
Register on the Marketing, Engagement, Events and Tourism Panel
List of Upcoming Events, Training, or Information Sessions
Council General Conditions of Offer & General Conditions of Contract
Please follow the links below to view the general conditions:
Individual contracts of over $200,000 or more