Council will continue to comply with decisions of the Australian Government and National and State Health Departments.
As you are no doubt aware, advice and directives in relation to our response to the virus are changing frequently; below are the latest community updates effective as at Monday 26 October.
Council will review and/or revise these measures in conjunction with the State and Federal Governments' roadmap to easing restrictions.
- Customer Contact Centres:
- Gatton, Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- Laidley, Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm.
- Face-to-face meetings - will be limited, with Council officers also available by phone or email. These will be assessed case by case.
- Ordinary meetings of Council – very limited entry numbers
- Lockyer Valley Libraries – Monday to Friday - 9am – 4pm
- Visitor Information Centre & Queensland Transport Museum – Monday to Sunday - 9am – 4pm
- Lockyer Valley Sports and Aquatic Centre and Dal Ryan Memoral Pool – visit Swimfit for opening hours
- Sporting grounds and community halls/centres - Please call Council’s Customer Contact Team on 1300 005 872 with enquiries regarding bookings.
- Some of Council's hiring forms and general conditions have changed:
- Lake Dyer Camping & Caravan Ground at Laidley and Centenary Park Camping Ground at Thornton
- Public playgrounds, skateparks and outdoor gyms
- Water fountains/bubblers
- Public toilets
- Local parks - Cleaning of facilities and furniture within parks has been increased.
- Waste services (collection and access to transfer stations) - delays are possible; please leave wheelie bins out until they are emptied.
- Gatton Childcare Centre
- Tip shops
- Laidley Pioneer Village
- Das Neumann Haus, Laidley
- Lockyer Valley Art Gallery
- Staging Post Cafe
- Depot - closed to the public
Breach of Restrictions
State Government Information
The latest Queensland Government updates and alerts regarding COVID-19 can be found at: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/
Details on border access restrictions, exemptions and permits can be found at www.qld.gov.au
People who want to register interest in volunteering to support the COVID 19 response please visit: https://emergencyvolunteering.com.au. You will be contacted by Volunteering Queensland if your assistance is required.
Page reviewed: 26 Oct 2020 12:24pm