Business in the Lockyer
You can be part of one of the fastest growing regions in Australia. Traditionally known for its horticulture and farming, the Lockyer Valley is rapidly changing into the “region of choice for vibrant rural living”.
The Lockyer Valley is focused on maintaining its rural lifestyle while providing modern day technologies and facilities.
Relaxed lifestyle, outstanding investment and business opportunities, education, spectacular tourism products, a friendly community and proactive local government make the Lockyer Valley a great location to work, live and play.
The Lockyer Valley is strategically positioned in the South-East Queensland corner.
- Approximately 2,200sqkms with 10% of the region as prime farm land.
- One-hour drive to Brisbane CBD.
- Western corridor’s primary transport route via the Warrego Highway (A2) linking Australia’s capital cities.
- Major transport distribution hub.
- World’s finest sandstone product and many extraction industry businesses.
- 30-minute drive to two major regional cities, Toowoomba and Ipswich.
The Lockyer Valley’s opportunities in industry are evolving from its primary base of horticulture to:
- Food processing
- Food packaging
- Transport & Storage
- Extraction industries
- Property & Business services
Starting a business
Thinking of opening a business in the Lockyer Valley? Don’t know where to begin?
Our Regional Development Team can assist you with getting all the information you need to start your own business. A proud supporter of local businesses, we are committed to the future development of the region and encourage you to start your own business today!
Council has developed a business kit, which can be viewed or downloaded by following the link below:
This kit includes a business checklist, as well as a list of resources and contacts for other organisations that provide business assistance. To obtain a Welcome Kit via mail, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Australian Government- Business website offers you simple and convenient access to all of the government information, forms and services you need. It is a government service that provides essential information on planning, starting and growing your business.
- State Government Business Portal is a great resource for all Queensland businesses that provides information for industries, new businesses, growing businesses and those employing people in Queensland.
- Digital Business website provides information that may assist you, with simple and practical tips on what your business or community organisation could be doing online and how you can do it. For business kits from this website, please follow the link below:
For more information on how Council can support you in setting up or growing your business, contact the Regional Development Team on 07 5466 3505 or email email@example.com.