We are responsible for ensuring animal management in accordance with Council's Local Laws and the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008 within the Lockyer Valley Region.
Main things we look after:
- complaints about animal attacks on humans and animals,
- straying animals,
- nuisance animals,
- registration of dogs and cats,
- the issuing of permits for excess animals and;
- the operation of the LVRC Pound.
We operate a working hours’ service as well as an After Hours Emergency Service.
We don’t look after:
- native animals such as kangaroos, koalas and reptiles, or animal welfare concerns.
For Animal Cruelty / Animal Welfare Concerns or Wildlife Emergencies, please contact the QLD RSPCA via their website www.rspcaqld.org.au or telephone the RSPCA Qld Call Centre on 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625) which is a 24-hour contact service.