Register Now - for Council's online consultation platform
Some sections will require registration to ensure we are hearing from people with a genuine stake in local initiatives, while other sections will be open for anyone to respond to.
To ensure you don't miss any opportunity to HAVE YOUR SAY, register now!
NOTE that Council uses a variety of platforms for consultation and will them below.
Current projects seeking community input/comment:
How to use this table:
- Read the overview first to get an understanding of the project, the scope of the consultation and to access any support documents.
- Click on the project title to access any associated online consultations (e.g. surveys).
- Note opening and closing dates for community feedback.
- Check back after closing dates to see if the report has been published yet.
- Take note of any other consultations seeking community input
|Project and Status||Overview||Open Date||Close Date|
|Forest Hill Silos Mural|
|Council is considering the viability, benefits and key themes on a proposal to paint large scale murals on the Forest Hill Silos.
To have your say visit the project page here.
|Local Law Consultation Notice
Proposed Off-Leash Dog Area in Fairways Park, Kensington Grove
|This consultation relates to the proposed subordinate local law. It not seeking feedback on the concept or making of the off-leash dog park itself. |
Yo find more information and make a submission click here.
|Fairways Park Master Plan Phase 3|
|The park is intended to provide a range of recreational facilities that meet the long term needs of, and reflect the environment in, this high growth part of the Lockyer Valley. Council notes that the park will be developed over 10-15 of years to ensure sustainability, value-for-money and high-quality outcomes. |
The community's ideas from Phase 1 and 2 consultations have been used by consultants to develop Concept Designs.
Consultations have now closed and concept designs, a report on community feedback and project updates are available via this link.
|Livestock Farming Drought Support Action Plan|
|Following on from the Livestock Farming Drought Support Forum in September 2019, Council endorsed an Action Plan developed by forum participants.||17/9/2019||2/11/2019|
Commitment to Community Engagement
Lockyer Valley Regional Council is committed to enhancing how it engages with the community. Through undertaking engagement Council aims to:
- Provide useful information to the public,
- Build Council and community connections, and
- Maximise community participation in decision making.
Engagement is not a one-way process. It provides an opportunity for the community to let Council know what is important and to find better ways to work together to achieve the Region's shared vision.
In undertaking community engagement Council is guided by the following:
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council Community Engagement Policy,
- Lockyer Valley Regional Community Engagement Framework, and
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council Community Engagement Strategy.
Lockyer Valley Regional Council undertakes a number of community engagement initiatives to seek input, consult with and/or inform the public about a range of issues, plans, projects, and service delivery changes and developments.
Information about engagement opportunities can be accessed via:
- Council's website,
- By contacting Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 005 872, or
- Online at Customer Live Chat.
- Emailing CETeam@lvrc.qld.gov.au
Some significant projects are promoted from time to time in Council publications such as the Valley Voice or in public notices in local papers. Budget considerations, lead time and applicable legislative requirements will influence the extent and methods chosen to advertise public consultations/engagement opportunities.
Council additionally holds a number of events throughout the year, which provide an opportunity for community and Council to connect and share information. For information about upcoming events, please see Council's events calendar.
6 Great Reasons to Get Involved
To find out more about what's in it for you, open or download this simple infographic.