The New planning legislation (the Planning Act 2016) has commenced in Queensland on Monday 3rd July 2017. Council's processes and systems are now align with the new framework for all new development application received on and after 3rd July 2017. Refer to Fact sheet: Development Assessment Process.
New development application received on and after 3rd July 2017 will be assessed in accordance with the development assessment process under the Planning Act 2016 and the Planning Regulation 2017 when read together with the Gatton Planning Scheme 2007, the Laidley Planning Scheme 2003- Amendment 2 or the Grantham Reconstruction Area - Development Scheme.
Where a current development approval approved under the Integrated Planning Act 1997 (IPA) and Sustainable Planning Act 2009 which required a change to the development approval/conditions or extension to relevant period of approval on or after 3rd July 2017, such request for change will be assessed in accordance to the Planning Act 2016.
A development application lodged to Council must meet the requirements of Section 51 of the Planning Act 2016 for your application to be considered properly made. A properly made application must include the following:
- The Approved Forms
- Applicable Fee – set out in Council's current Fees & Charges.
- Owner's Consent – All the landowners must give their written consent to the application
- Supporting Information – any information as required under the approved form. This includes the relevant plans, a planning report that addresses the applicable Planning Scheme, and any technical reports required by the Planning Scheme
The application forms to be submitted for the various types of development applications and other relevant templates/forms are listed below for easy reference:
Development applications can be lodged:
- Electronically by emailing to email@example.com together with a contact name and number provided for payment of application fee by credit card; or
- By post with a cover letter and one set of hard copy and a USB stick/CD Disk containing all the application materials together with cheque (made payable to Lockyer Valley Regional Council)/credit card payment
- In person at one of the reception counters of Lockyer Valley Regional Council : -
- Gatton Administration Building at 26 Railway Street, GATTON QLD 4343; or
- Laidley Library & Customer Service at 9 Spicer Street, LAIDLEY QLD 4341
If you require any further clarification, please contact Council on 1300 005 872 for assistance or request for a pre-lodgement meeting with Planning & Development Unit.
Under Section 53 of the Planning Act 2016 an applicant must give notice of a development application if any part of the application requires impact assessment or the application includes a variation request. Part 4 of the DA Rules outlines the requirements of giving public notice. Refer to Fact Sheet: Public notification signage under the Planning Act 2016.
A submission can be made on an application currently undergoing public notification. This submission needs to be submitted to Council by the date stipulated on the public notification.
Submissions can be made to Council :
- By Post to : The Assessment Manager, Lockyer Valley Regional Council (PO Box 82, GATTON QLD 4343)
- By Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at the Lockyer Valley Regional Council at either
- Gatton Administration Building, 26 Railway Street, GATTON QLD 4343; or
- Laidley Library & Customer Service, 9 Spicer Street, LAIDLEY QLD 4341
Tracking an Application
Online services are available for tracking the status of an application currently under assessment or applications being decided in recent years.
Temporary Local Planning Instrument - Flood Regulations
Development proposal on premises affected by the Temporary Local Planning Instrument (TLPI) – Flood Regulation will trigger a development application in the form of Material Change of Use.
More information about this instrument is located under the Strategic Planning page.
If you want to find out whether your property is affected by the TLPI, please contact Council on 1300 005 872.