Lockyer Valley Regional Council is continually reviewing its Business Continuity Plans and is ensuring essential services remain available to residents.
Council will continue to comply with all decisions of the Australian Government and National and State Health Departments.
As you are no doubt aware, advice and directives in relation to our response to the virus are changing daily; below are the latest community updates as of 30 March 2020:
Changes and Closures
- Customer Contact Centres - face-to-face services closed. Residents may use our online services at www.lockyervalley.qld.gov.au or phone 1300 005 872 for any urgent issues.
- Lockyer Valley Sports and Aquatic Centre and Dal Ryan Memorial Pool - closed.
- Depot - closed to the public. Loaning equipment has also ceased.
- Libraries/Library activities – Lockyer Valley Libraries (Gatton and Laidley) face-to-face services closed. You can still access eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and stream movies through our website anytime, anywhere: https://library.lockyervalley.qld.gov.au/
- Lockyer Valley Cultural Centre (including Visitor Information Centre, Queensland Transport Museum, Lockyer Valley Art Gallery and Staging Post Cafe) – closed.
- Das Neumann Haus, Laidley – closed.
- Laidley Pioneer Village - closed.
- Sporting grounds - closed for all bookings.
- Community halls/centres – closed for all bookings.
- Face-to-face meetings - will be limited, with Council officers available by phone or email. These will be assessed case by case.
- Council events - All Council-run events or Council-partnered events have been postponed or cancelled.
- Anzac Day Services – All Lockyer Valley Regional Council area's RSL Sub-Branches have cancelled their marches and services.
- Lake Dyer Camping & Caravan Ground at Laidley and Centenary Park Camping Ground at Thornton - Closed.
- All public playgrounds, skateparks and outdoor gyms – closed.
- Tip shops – closed.
- Water fountains/bubblers - Practice appropriate hygiene.
- Public toilets - Use hygiene practices advised by Queensland Health.
- Local parks - Use social distancing and hygiene practices advised by Queensland Health. Cleaning of facilities and furniture within parks has been increased. (See note above regarding closure of playgrounds, skateparks and outdoor gyms).
- Waste services (collection and access to transfer stations) - delays are possible; please leave wheelie bins out until they are emptied.
- Gatton Childcare Centre
Details on border access restrictions, exemptions and permits can be found at www.qld.gov.au
People who want to register interest in volunteering to support the COVID 19 response please visit: https://emergencyvolunteering.com.au. You will be contacted by Volunteering Queensland if your assistance is required.
Find a list of support options for Individuals, Households, Businesses and Community Groups here.
Council Media Releases
Q&A with LVRC Mayor and CEO
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Lockyer Valley Regional Council has created a series of Q&A videos for residents. (Information as at 1 April 2020)
Q1: How is Council responding to the situation?
Q2: How can I contact Council is the offices are closed to the public?
Q3: What has changed?
Q4: Will Council still offer school holiday activities?
Q5: Where can I find more information about COVID-19 and how can we slow the spread?