Environmental Health


​​​​​What is environmental health?

​Environmental health is the branch that is concerned with parts of the natural and built environment that may affect human health.

The types of things that environmental health deals with are:

  • Local Laws
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Overgrown and unsightly properties
  • Nuisance complaints
  • Licensing of:
      • Food Businesses
      • Personal appearance services
      • Water carriers
      • Camping Grounds
      • Caravan Parks
      • Shared facility accomodation
      • Temporary homes
      • Temporary entertainment events
      • Commercial use of Local Government controlled areas and roads

Licences and Permits

We are committed to helping you build and operate a better, fully compliant business.

To reduce the time and cost of compliance for business, South East Queensland Councils have standardised information and requirements relating to the following permits, licences, approvals and registrations:

  • Camping Grounds and Caravan Parks
  • Food Premises - Fixed (eg Shop)
  • Food Premises - Mobile (eg Vehicles)
  • Food Premises - Temporary (eg Stalls)
  • Personal Appearance Services
  • Rental Accommodation
  • Roadside Vending (Itinerant Vending)
  • Water Carriers

For more information about the above licenses, please click on the following resources:

To obtain an application form or if you have any questions, please contact Council's Environmental Health Section on 1300 005 872.

Abandoned vehicles

To report an abandoned vehicle on public land, contact Council’s Environmental Health Department on 1300 005 872.

We will send and officer to investigate and where possible, arrange to have to vehicle removed.


Please view the document below to view the Queensland Health Fact Cheet about Asbestos:

Should you require any additional information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 005 872.

Page reviewed: 19 Nov 2018 7:15pm