We are committed to the continued development of an inclusive, harmonious and cohesive multicultural community. Council is involved in a number of Multicultural projects within the region, including the annual Multicultural Festival which is held around Harmony Day.​

Photo from 2017 Lockyer Multicultural Festival

​IMPORTANT CHANGES to Settlement Support Services

Due to funding changes, Lockyer Valley Regional Council will no longer act as the provider of 
Settlement Support Services within the region.

Multicultural Development Australia​ (MDA) has received the new Government funds to work with refugee families in the Lockyer Valley and will be holding an information session for refugee clients early in 2019 to talk about their new program.

As the Australian government-funded service has ceased, unfortunately Council no longer has the capacity to assist with settlement, refugee and migrant services. 

Lockyer Valley Regional Council can still assist refugees and migrants with regular Council services.​

Helpful Contact Information

MDA Toowoomba Office offers all areas of settlement support.
Address: 15 Snell St, Toowoomba City QLD 4350
Phone: 4632 1466

A MDA case worker may be available at the Lockyer Community Centre. 
Address: 14 Crescent St, Gatton QLD 4343
Phone: 5462 3355

MercyCare provides social events for refugees including working with multicultural group activities, migration legal advice and support.
Address: 104 South St Centenary Heights Toowoomba 
Phone: 4617 7600​

Page reviewed: 04 Feb 2019 7:12pm