Objection to Category

​How do I object to the Category my property is rated at?

There is a process for objections which is governed by legislation.

For full details see Objecting to Rating Category page for more information.

My property is used for primary production. Why am I not being rated as Farming/Agriculture?

When issuing a land valuation, the Queensland State Department of Natural Resources Mines and Energy (DNRME) determine the primary land use of a property. Council then uses this declared land use to categorise your property for the general rate.

You can lodge an Application for Review of Unimproved Value to the DNRME to re-assess your land use and valuation.

For more information see Department of Natural Resources Mines and Energy (DNRME) website.

Page reviewed: 27 Aug 2020 3:03pm