Am I entitled to receive a Pensioner rate rebate?

Pensioner rebates can only be granted on the principle place of residence, to the holder of a Queensland Pension Concession Card or Veteran Affairs Gold Card. Please view the Discounts & Subsidies page for further information.

What do I need to do to apply for a Pension Concession?

You will need to fill out an application form from Council and provide a copy of your concession card. The application form is available from:

I’m a Pensioner and finding it hard to pay my rates. Can Council help?

There are a number of ways in which you can reduce the impact of your rates:

  1. “Centrepay” in conjunction with Centrelink. Centrepay is an agreement between yourself and Centrelink which allows you to nominate that a portion of your pension to be paid directly to Council for crediting against your rate account.
  2. Rate Subsidies – There are a number of subsidies available on rates. If you are not already receiving these subsidies, please contact Council for an application form.
  3. A Direct Debit arrangement through Council means an amount can be deducted from your bank account weekly, fortnightly, monthly or for the full amount on the due date.
  4. An arrangement to pay your rates weekly, fortnightly or monthly to Council by way of B-Pay, Credit Card (Mastercard & Visa only), cheque, Australia Post or at Council’s customer service centres at
Page reviewed: 09 Sep 2016 5:48pm