Local Government Infrastructure Plans
On 27 June 2018, Council adopted amendments to the Gatton and Laidley planning schemes to insert a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) into both schemes.
The purpose of an LGIP is to:
- integrate infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in the planning scheme
- provide transparency regarding a local government's intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure
- enable a local government to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning
- ensure that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner
- provide a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals.
The amendments were adopted within the Minister's timeframe for adopting a LGIP.
Current adopted infrastructure charges resolution
Lockyer Valley Regional Council Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 3) 2019 was adopted by Council on 8 May 2019.
It provides the basis for the calculation of infrastructure charges across the Lockyer Valley and sets out Council's policy position on the following matters:
- The criteria to be applied in deciding if development infrastructure is trunk infrastructure (in trunk infrastructure conversion applications);
- The method to be applied for working out the establishment cost of trunk infrastructure for a refund or offset where an applicant is required under a condition of a development approval to provide land or works for trunk infrastructure; and
- Whether an offset or refund applies, and if so, the details of the offset and refund and the timing of the offset and refund.
Superseded adopted infrastructure charges resolutions
The Lockyer Valley Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No.2) 2018 was amended by Council on 8 May 2019.
The Lockyer Valley Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 1) 2015 was amended by Council on 24 April 2018.
Lockyer Valley Regional Council Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 1) 2015 was adopted by Council on 10 June 2015.
Prior to the commencement of Lockyer Valley Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 1) 2015 on 10 June 2015, infrastructure charges were levied in accordance with the Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution that came into force and effect on 1 July 2011.