Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan 2019-2022
After a public consultation process, Lockyer Valley Regional Council's Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan 2019-2022 (WRRP) was adopted at its Ordinary Meeting held on 22 May 2019.
WRRP will assist the Lockyer Valley community to move towards a more environmentally sustainable future.
After a public consultation process, Lockyer Valley Regional Council's Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan 2012-2021 (WRRP) was approved by Council on 25 July 2012. This WRRP assisted the Lockyer Valley community to move towards a more environmentally sustainable future.
Simple Ways to Minimise Waste
Here are a few tips to help you to minimise your waste:
- Put a 'No Junk Mail' sticker on your letterbox.
- Say 'no' to plastic bags by using reusable alternatives (or take them back to the supermarket and place them in the recycling bins provided).
- Read newspapers online and borrow books from the library.
- Buy in bulk where possible.
- Buy for durability not disposability.
- Buy refills and refillable products.
- Don't buy items with excessive packaging.
- Swap magazines and books.
- Print double-sided and turn unwanted single sided documents into notebooks.
- Reuse plastic shopping bags as bin liners.
- Reuse envelopes for shopping lists.
- Have a garage sale or donate unused goods to charity.
- Correctly separate your recyclables from your waste to reduce the amount of material going to landfill unnecessarily.
- Place all your fruit and vegetable scraps and garden waste into a compost bin or worm farm.
- Visit our Recycling page.