Lockyer Valley Libraries
As per current Queensland Government Legislation, Local Government libraries are not included in the vaccination mandate. As such the Lockyer Valley Library remains open to both vaccinated and non-vaccinated people from 17 December 2021.
Entry to the Gatton and Laidley Libraries remain unchanged and you will be required to Check-In via the Check-In Queensland app. If you don't have your smartphone with you, our friendly team are able to assist with this process.
While in the library, please follow directional signage, practice physical distancing and maintain good hand and respiratory hygiene.
If you are unwell or don't feel confident visiting, please call the library on 5466 3434 or 5462 0317 so we can help you access reading or viewing materials. This could include Click and Collect or Home Delivery Services.
Lockyer Valley Libraries Catalogue
For any further information regarding the Lockyer Valley Libraries, please view the:
This catalogue will provide information about:
Joining and borrowing
Membership of Lockyer Valley Libraries is free to permanent residents to the Lockyer Valley, Ipswich, Toowoomba and Somerset regions.
Permanent residents of Queensland can also become a member of Lockyer Valley Libraries for free.
New Members are asked to show proof of identity with their current address. For example, a driver licence, bank account, invoice, rent receipt etc.
Visitors or non-permanent residents, upon payment of a refundable security deposit, can also borrow and use the library facilities.
Non-permanent residents can sign up for a Free Computer Access card so they can access WiFi, computers, the internet and some eResources.
- Borrow up to 15 items for four weeks;
- Access a range of electronic resources including eBooks, eMagazines and eAudiobooks;
- Borrow and return items to any Lockyer Valley Library branch - Gatton Library and Laidley Library;
- Renew and reserve items online (or at any branch); and
- Book computers and events online.
To join, visit any branch during their business hours or join online.
Services available at both the Gatton and Laidley Libraries include:
- Computer/Internet access;
- Family and local history resources;
- Printing, laminating, scanning, photocopying;
- Community Languages; and
- Housebound delivery (available on request within Gatton and Laidley townships).
There are also a range of activities held for all members throughout the year.
Many events are held throughout the year at Lockyer Valley Libraries that cater for all ages. A range of activities, including storytime, holiday activities, computer lessons, book club, knitting groups and information sessions, ensure that there is always something happening at your library.
Visit the Library's events calendar to see upcoming events and activities.
- Rhyme time (for ages ranging from infants to toddlers)
- Toddler Time
- Storytime for under 5's
- Wriggle and Rhyme
- School holiday activities (for school-aged children)
- Topical activities (Manga, Youth Book Clubs, Junior Book Clubs)
Activities for adults
- Technology sessions
- Book groups
- Author visits
- Guest speakers
Please view the catalogue for more information regarding the activities on offer.
Justice of the Peace
Qualified Justice of the Peace are available on:
|Monday||Gatton Library||10am to 12 noon|
|Wednesday||Laidley Library||1.30pm to 3.30pm|
Ask a Librarian
Can't find what you're looking for? Have a question about any of our services?
You will need to enter your Borrower ID and PIN to use this service.
Please be sure to include your full contact details when using this service and be as specific as possible with your question.
What is Words for Wellbeing?
Words for Wellbeing provides people with a list of useful, evidence-based self-help resources that have been recommended by health professionals and organisations directly involved in healthcare.
If you would like to print the lists out to take to your health care provider, please follow the following links.
- Words for Wellbeing Online resources (printable)
- Words for Wellbeing Physical Health Book List (printable)
- Words for Wellbeing Mental Health Book List (printable)
This is a joint project of the following services: