Council maintains cemeteries in the following locations:
- Laidley - Southern Street, Laidley
- Forest Hill - Logan Road, College View
- Gatton - Corner of Lake Apex Drive and Dennis Minson Drive, Gatton
- Caffey - Mt Sylvia Road, Caffey
- Murphys Creek - Cemetery Road, Murphys Creek
There are also many privately run cemeteries in the Lockyer Valley region.
To make an enquiry or to find a grave, contact Council on 1300 005 872.
Frequently asked questions and current fees are available in the below Fact Sheets.
Forms and Fact Sheets
- Laidley Ashes Memorial Garden - Fact Sheet
- Arranging a Burial - Fact Sheet
- Columbarium - Fact Sheet
- Gatton Cemetery Chapel - Fact Sheet
- Plaques and Headstones - Fact Sheet
- Reservation - Fact Sheet
- E7201-502 Burial Consent Declaration
- Form E6503 - Public Submission Form
- Form E7201-501 - Application for Burial
- Form E7201-503 - Application for Reservation of Interment Site
- Form E7201-505 - Application to Perform Monumental Work
- Form E7201-600 - Application for Columbarium Wall or Garden Niche
Friends of the Cemeteries Group
Council is calling for expressions of interest for membership on the Friends of the Cemeteries Group (the Group).
The Group will represent stakeholders, such as family members and the local community, in ongoing discussions regarding Council-controlled cemeteries in the Lockyer Valley.
The Group will be an advisory group whose main functions will include:
- Raising ideas, concerns and potential solutions relating to local cemeteries
- Considering and providing feedback on cemetery maintenance works and future projects
To be eligible for membership on the Group, nominees from the community will:
- Reside or work within, or be closely affiliated with, the Lockyer Valley Regional Council local government area.
- Have strong community links and knowledge
- Be committed to working positively in partnership with Lockyer Valley Regional Council to achieve positive outcomes
- Represent broad community interests rather than personal interests.
How to apply
Go to the Friends of the Cemeteries Group project page to:
- Find out more
- Download the Terms of Reference and Submission Form
For more information on the Friends of the Cemeteries Group please contact Council by calling 1300 005 872 or emailing CATeam@lvrc.qld.gov.au.