There are 15 cemeteries located throughout the Lockyer Valley, established from 1867 onward. Among many of these cemeteries you can find heritage listed monuments and old tombstones from ages past. If you are tracing your family ancestry, have an interest in genealogy or just enjoy a quiet stroll soaking up the local history then these self-explore trails are for you.
Council maintained Cemeteries in the Lockyer Valley Region:
- Laidley - Southern Street, Laidley
- Forest Hill - Logan Road, College View
- Gatton - Corner of Lake Apex Drive and Dennis Minson Drive, Gatton
- Caffey - Mt Sylvia Road, Caffey
- Murphys Creek - Cemetery Road, Murphys Creek
To make an enquiry or to find a grave, please contact Council's Customer Experience Team on 1300 005 872.
There are also many privately run cemeteries in the Lockyer Valley region.
Non Council Cemeteries
- Helidon General Cemetery - John Thomas 0408 877 475
- Helidon Catholic Cemetery - Maurice Harrington 0419 795 427
- Lutheran Church Cemetery Archives - Bernie Muller 07 5465 1268
- St Stephens Anglican Church - Glenyce Sippel 04 28 288 700
The Lockyer Valley Cemetery Trails can provide more information regarding the cemeteries in the region.
Frequently asked questions and current fees are available in the below Fact Sheets.
Forms and Fact Sheets
- Laidley Ashes Memorial Garden - Fact Sheet
- Arranging an Interment - Fact Sheet
- Columbarium - Fact Sheet
- Gatton Cemetery Chapel - Fact Sheet
- Application for Chapel Hire Form
- Plaques and Headstones - Fact Sheet
- Reservation - Fact Sheet
- E7201-502 - Interment Consent Declaration
- Application for Relinquishment of Reservation
- Application to Transfer Reservation
- Form E6503 - Public Submission Form
- Form E7201-501 - Application for Interment
- Form E7201-503 - Application for Reservation of Interment Site
- Form E7201-505 - Application to Perform Monumental Work
- Form E7201-600 - Application for Columbarium Wall or Garden Niche
Friends of the Cemeteries Group
Council is calling for expressions of interest for membership on the Friends of the Cemeteries Group (the Group).
The Group will represent stakeholders, such as family members and the local community, in ongoing discussions regarding Council-controlled cemeteries in the Lockyer Valley.
The Group will be an advisory group whose main functions will include:
- Raising ideas, concerns and potential solutions relating to local cemeteries
- Considering and providing feedback on cemetery maintenance works and future projects
To be eligible for membership on the Group, nominees from the community will:
- Reside or work within, or be closely affiliated with, the Lockyer Valley Regional Council local government area.
- Have strong community links and knowledge
- Be committed to working positively in partnership with Lockyer Valley Regional Council to achieve positive outcomes
- Represent broad community interests rather than personal interests.
For more information on the Friends of the Cemeteries Group, please contact Council by calling 1300 005 872 or emailing email@example.com.