Regulated and Unregulated Work
Work to be done by a licensed person:
Please note: all plumbing, drainage and on-site sewerage work other than the unregulated work must be performed by a licensed plumber and drainer. Penalty infringement notices apply for work performed without the appropriate license.
Unregulated work that does not require a license:
- Replacing a shower head or domestic water filter cartridge
- Replacing a jumper valve or washer in a tap
- Repairing or Replacing a drop valve washer, float valve washer or suction cup rubber in a toilet cistern
- Replacing caps to ground level inspection openings on a sanitary drain
- Cleaning or maintaining a ground level grate for a trap on a sanitary drain
- Installing or maintaining an irrigation or lawn watering system downstream from a tap, isolating valve or backflow prevention device on the supply pipe for the watering system
- Repairing or maintaining an irrigation system for the disposal of effluent from a greywater use facility or on-site sewerage facility
All plumbing and drainage work other than those outlined in the unregulated section above must be performed be a licensed plumber/drainer.
To check that the Plumber you intend to carry out work for you is licensed please refer to:
For information pertaining to minor plumbing work, please view the documents below: