Lockyer Valley Off-Leash Dog Parks
Council maintains 3 designated dog off-leash areas. These off-leash areas provide residents and visitors with space to allow their dogs to run around off-leash and socialise with other dogs.
Dog off-leash areas are beneficial for dogs, dog owners and other members of the community as they provide areas in which dogs can exercise and people can build community relationships. These 3 dog off-leash areas are fully fenced and offer seating, shaded areas, water and bins with dog waste bag dispensers.
Unless on private property or in a designated off-leash dog area, dogs in Lockyer Valley must always remain on-leash.
All dog owners are responsible for the collection and disposal of dog faeces in all public areas. Please ensure you are prepared with waste bags when you leave home with your dog. Council provides a dog bag dispenser and bin at each dog off-leash area for the convenience of the community.
Laidley Dog Park: Laidley Recreational Reserve, Ambrose Street Laidley
Gatton Dog Park: Lake Apex Gatton, off Western Drive
Fairways Park: Fairway Drive, Kensington Grove
Dog Owner Etiquette and Obligations
Dog off-leash areas are places where dogs can run free, but dog owners must be mindful of other people and dogs and remember their obligations when visiting:
- Clean up after your dog and dispose of waste
- Control your dog- it must return to you when called
- Ensure gates close effectively behind you on entry or exit
- Ensure no other dog is allowed to escape the area while you enter or exit
- Respect other users and neighbouring residents
- Ensure your dog does not chase or disturb birds or other wildlife
- Ensure your dog does not attack, menace or cause worry to other people or animals
- Put your dog back on the leash prior to exiting gates
Conditions of Use
- Only currently registered dogs are permitted within the fenced area
- No female dog in season (on heat) is permitted within the fenced area
- Regulated Dogs that have been declared dangerous are not permitted to use Council’s off-leash areas at any time
- Be able to effectively control your dog off-leash at all times