Development Searches and Certificates
Planning and Development Certificates
Planning and Development Certificates provide information about the planning controls and development approvals for a property. There are three types of Planning and Development Certificates:
- Limited Planning and Development Certificate;
- Standard Planning and Development Certificate; and
- Full Planning and Development Certificate.
The type of information that is provided in each of these certificates is set out in Schedule 23, Section 71 of the Planning Regulation 2017. Refer to Fact Sheet: Planning and development certificates.
Please download and submit an Application Council Searches form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or lodge an Online Services Application along with relevant payment as set out in Council's current Fees and Charges.
Response times are as below:
|Type of Certificate||Response Time|
|Limited Planning & Development Certificate||Per Lot - 5 business days|
|Per Lot - 2 business days (urgent)|
|Standard Planning & Development Certificate||Per Lot - 10 business days|
|Per Lot - 5 business days (urgent)|
|Full Planning & Development Certificate||30 business days (min/quote for services)|
For more information, please contact Council on 1300 005 872 or email Council at email@example.com.
Request for Building, Plumbing and Planning Information
Council has a range of Planning and Development information searches available. The Request for Building, Plumbing and Planning Information is for applicants who are intending to lodge a development application with Council or purchase a property and seek confirmation on matters for the nominated property such as:
- Plans of stormwater main or drain within or adjacent to the property
- Plans of any overland flow path within the property
- Basic Flood Information
- Detailed Flood Advice
- Overlays that may affect the property
- Details of current approvals applicable to the property
- Details of requirements or approvals necessary for the proposed development
Planning Development information can be requested by completing a Request for Building, Plumbing & Planning Information Form. Council's preferred method of lodgement is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, requests can be lodged at Gatton or Laidley Customer Service Centres, or sent in the post to Lockyer Valley Regional Council, PO Box 82, Gatton QLD 4343.
For information on multiple properties, a separate request will need to be lodged for each individual property (Lot/Plan). The fees payable are per lot.
Please refer to the Flood Information Searches Fact Sheet for further information on the type of flood information searches which can be obtained from Council.
Please Note: Council allows the following timeframes for the issuing of responses for requests:
- Conveyancing / Property Purchase: 10 Business Days
- Proposed Development: 10-15 Business Days
- Building / Plumbing: 5-10 Business Days
- Detailed Flood Advice: 20 Business Days