Find your nearest Waste Facility
Lockyer Valley Regional Council has eight Transfer Stations and one landfill.
Find your nearest waste facility and learn about the waste types accepted at each waste facilities near you via Council's online mapping page.
Landfill/Transfer Station Locations & Business Hours
- Gatton Transfer Station and Landfill
- Grantham Transfer Station
- Helidon Transfer Station
- Laidley Transfer Station
- Lockrose Transfer Station
- Lockyer Waters Transfer Station
- Murphys Creek Transfer Station
- Withcott Transfer Station
Waste Disposal Fees
To find out more information about how much it will cost to dispose of your waste at the Transfer Stations, download a copy of the Transfer Station Waste fees for domestic and commercial visitors.
From 1 July 2019, legislation requires residents using Council's waste facilities to:
- have their registration recorded
- show proof (photo ID) of residency within the Lockyer Valley Region. Fees and charges apply to non-residents.
Commercial operators are not required to show identification. Commercial fees apply.
- declare the type(s) and quantity of waste being delivered
- verify the nature of the waste (domestic or commercial).
Sort and Save!
Separate recyclable, reusable and recoverable items before you start loading your vehicle. Keeping these separate from general waste will make it safer and easier to unload when you get to the site- and can also save you waste disposal fees.
If a load is not sorted, it can be difficult for our operators to see how much and what types of materials are in the load. Customers are only charged a fee for waste that they dispose. Dropping off acceptable reusable, recyclable or recoverable items is free.
Sorting your load before you visit will make it easier to pack and safer to unload and can save you money when you attend the waste facility.
The general waste transfer station bin should only be used for those items that can’t be reused, recycled or recovered and need disposal.
Don’t forget to restrain and cover the load before leaving home. Pack things tightly, use boxes and bags for small items and use a tarpaulin or cargo net as well as straps to secure the load.